5. Lots Of Celebs Have Secret Weddings. Although most stars love to do everything—especially their weddings—big, there was a very un-celeb-like trend this year of keeping things on the down-low. In March, longtime loves Isla Fisher and Sacha Baron Cohen wed secretly in Paris. In May, Jane Lynch married Dr. Lara Embry among 19 close friends and family members at a Massachusetts restaurant. In July, Penelope Cruz and Javier Bardem (soon-to-be parents) quietly wed in the Bahamas, while Orlando Bloom and Miranda Kerr (also soon-to-be parents) pulled a fast one by eloping to the Caribbean just a few weeks after officially announcing their engagement. In August, True Blood couple Anna Paquin and Stephen Moyer snuck off to a Malibu beach to exchange vows. And in October, David Schwimmer finally revealed that he married girlfriend Zoe Buckman over the summer. Perhaps the biggest surprise of all was Megan Fox and Brian Austin Green’s hush-hush Hawaiian wedding in June. Isn’t Megan Fox not drawing attention to herself one of the signs of the Apocalypse? If it was nearing the beginning of 2012, we’d be very worried.
4. Kelly Preston And John Travolta Conceive "Miracle Baby." A little over a year after the tragic death of their teenage son, Jett, 47-year-old Kelly confirmed in May that she and John, 56, were expecting. While a new baby (also a boy) certainly can't "replace" the child they lost, he may help the Travoltas (including 10-year-old daughter Ella Bleu) heal and move forward through their grief. Kelly should be giving birth to the couple's son any day now! It's A Boy For John Travolta And Kelly Preston
3. Katy Perry And Russell Brand Get Married. When these two hooked up at last year's MTV VMAs, we thought the relationship would provide some hot gossip fodder for a few weeks before spectacularly exploding. So, it was a shock when Russell suddenly threw out his little black book and popped the question at the beginning of 2010. And it was an even bigger shock when he didn't chicken out of his and Katy's lavish Indian wedding in October. We may have been unsure of this coupling at first, but we can't help but root for them now. They just fit!
2. Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher show a united front. In September, Demi and Ashton's five-year May/December marriage took a hit when it was reported that Ashton had an affair with 21-year-old Brittney Jones. Amid Brittney's never-ending famewhoring and rumors that Ashton's had a string of younger women, the couple continued to make public appearances and insist that their (possibly open) marriage is as strong as ever. Demi And Ashton Have An Open Relationship, Maybe
1. Prince William And Kate Middleton Royally Engage. Celeb lovers here and across the pond were excited to learn late this year that the UK's dreamiest Prince finally popped the question to his fashionable gal pal. William and Kate's April wedding at Westminster Abbey will no doubt be one of the top stories of 2011! A Royal Expert's Take On Prince William And Kate Middleton
Photos: Karl Larsen/INFevents.com; Brucesredericks/INFphoto.com.