Okay, I'll start this by laying the foundations of how we got here.
- - We met online through a forum 4 months ago.
- - He asked me if I would like to be his girlfriend - I agreed.
- - Today we are together for 3 months.
- - We will be having our first face to face meeting in June.
- - This meeting will last a week.
- - One day will include him meeting my family for supper.
So that is the basics. Here are further details:
- - We live about 10 hours drive away from each other.
- - We maintain daily contact through messaging and also Skype.
- - He is not some stranger as I have a friend in my town that knows him (he was in my city but, moved).
Here are some additions:
- - He is Taiwanese and 22 years old.
- - I Love Him.
- - I am Malay and 21 years old.
- - We are both in college and working part-time.
- - Our parents seem to harbour slight stereotypes.
- - Otherwise they aren't harshly against our being together.
- - We are discussing marriage.
- - We are discussing marriage and this happens everey day now.
- - We wake up talking to each other and sleep talking to each other.
- - We see the order of things after this being:
- Finish college > Find a job > Marry > Buy a house together
- - Just wanting to know if anyone else in a similar position or anyone who has already been through this can guide us.
- - We want this to work - but, objective opinions may help too.
- - It is the first real relationship for either of us.
- - Right now, the only real nerves or pressure is feeling that He or I may not fit family expectations.
- - Are we getting into too quickly?
- - Should we be more open?
- - Where are we heading?
like us on facebook If you 'like' us, we'll LOVE you!