I have been with my boyfriend for nearly 6 solid months, although we have been friends for over a decade. I will be turning 36 this year and he is nearly 4 years my senior. Even though we are in love with each other, he still has doubts about my sexual history. When I told him that I had 10 sexual partners (which were all past boyfriends bc I do not believe in "just having sex"), he did not believe me. He says that all girls lie and that if a girl gives u a number just multiply that by 2X. He laims that I would be embarrassed to tell him the truth bc he likes "good girls" and I fall into the category of "rebellious." Yes, I must admit that I was a rebel child, and had sex for the first time at the age of 16. It was with my first boyfriend who was a year older than me. I rarely had a break between boyfriends (bc yes, I jumped from boyfriend to boyfriend). I trusted my current bf to be a part of my life bc he was a friend for so long and it's hard for me to trust people (any joe shmo). But now I feel uncertain about our future bc he simply DOES NOT believe me. He is so convinced that I had sex with certain guy friends in the past that we fight about it almost daily. I have given up bc I can't stand the fighting and simply bc do not have the time to get heated and lose my sanity...I decided to agree that I did (even though I didn't) have sex with these people just to shut him up. I don't know what else to do to make him believe that a once upon a time a rebellious girl who eventually grew up can actually have 10 sexual partners in her past.
- Is This Favorite Pastime Ruining Your Relationship?
- The #1 Way For Lesbians To Get Their Groove Back Online
- Let’s Be Real, Is It Impossible To Be Monogamous?
Stories we love
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- 44% of couples say the best reason to go on a road trip is not the destination, but the fun and adventure.
- My Secret To Lasting Love: 'Radical Acceptance'!
- 20 Awesome Things You Didn't Know About Disney's 'Frozen'!
- Looking For The Right One? 7 Reasons To Date A Lefty