Miley Cyrus went public with pink pubes. Here's what other celebs do with their short and curlies.
Jennifer Love Hewitt admitterd she once decorated her ladygarden with Swarovski Crystals. Normally, we'd say, "TMI," but after hearing about other celebrities' pubic hair preferences, we're not particularly surprised.
1) According to Exposay.com, men have their own below-the-belt styling. Word on the street is that Ben Stiller, Jack Black, and Sean "P. Diddy" Combs all dye their junk with Betty Beauty dyes. In fact, the site claims that "Diddy was so impressed with the product he asked his assistant to send back a thank you note when he was sent a complementary sample of it."
2) Perhaps they should consider renaming The Brazilian to The Greek, in honor of Jennifer Aniston (of Greek ancestry), who apparently prefers the style. In 2007, Gossip Rocks reported that Jen is "obsessed" with keeping everything bare down there. "She'd even call when there was no hair to wax," said Dawn Daluise, owner of Dawn Daluise Skin Refinery in L.A. "She'd insist on having [the bikini wax] done—literally making me wax off peach fuzz." Guess when you're constantly being photographed by paparazzi and adoring fans, you can never be too careful.
3) Kate Winslet prefers a landing strip, which was an issue when she filmed The Reader, for which she needed a fuller hairstyle. "I had to grow the hair down there," she told Allure (via The Frisky). "But because of years of waxing, as all of us girls know, it doesn’t come back quite the way it used to. They even made me a merkin—a wig—because they were so concerned that I might not be able to grow enough."
5) Lucy Lawless (aka: Xena, the warrior princess) did all of her nude scenes for her new film Spartacus: Blood in the Sand without the merkin that the film producers made for her, saying that it "has never really been necessary." "It's a virgin merkin," she quipped to New York Magazine at the New York premiere. "It's in a frame, they gave it to me at the end of the season. I'm too embarrassed." Her home-grown hairstyle (and the actual film) debuted on January 22.
6) After posing on the cover Playboy last April, comedian Seth Rogen revealed to Conan O'Brien on The Tonight Show that the exposure caused him a little pubic hair angst. "It's been a lifelong battle for me personally. I used to trim them and they would grow back thicker, so where I'm at now with it is I let them grow out then I put them in a bun."
7) While filming Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story, producers asked Jenna Fischer to get waxed in preparation for wearing her skimpy costume. The experience ended up being painful in more ways than one. "They sent me to a waxing place and the woman's got hot wax and she's ripping off everything," she told Tarts. "Just at that moment when I had my leg up in the air and she was applying the wax she said 'my husband and I love you and your show.' It really was the wrong moment to bring that up because I felt so vulnerable."
8) The View's Sherri Shepherd went thirty-some years without getting waxed until last August, when she visited Brazil and well, signed up for a Brazilian. "I've been married twelve years. You don't need to do a bikini wax when you're married," Sherri said. She documented the whole process on TV, exclaiming that the procedure "hurts worse than having a baby." Take some painkillers next time, Sherri!
9) Sienna Miller's preference for a Brazilian created a slight problem while she was working on her upcoming film, Hippie Hippie Shake, which takes place in the 1960's. "Sienna's private parts were digitally enhanced, giving her a rather unruly, loud and proud bush," an insider told Female First, after revealing that an old-fashioned merkin failed to do the trick.
10) It's no secret that singer Miley Cyrus is a fan of armpit hair, but she recently displayed her radical style change on her Instagram. Cyrus is now rocking neon pink fuzz under her arms and below the belt, making a statement about society's stigma about women with body hair. She documented the whole process (dying the hair, drinking beers, and wearing a pig mask) on her Instagram if you're looking for more pink photo proof.
11) Cameron Diaz bares it all in her debut to publishing, The Body Book, including her opinions on why women shouldn't use laser hair removal to permanently get rid of pubic hair. According to Diaz, the idea of permanently removing hair is "a crazy idea" because it lasts "forever." She calls the idea that vaginas look better sans-hair a recent phenomenon, and reminds her readers that fads change. Diaz suggests that ladies should leave their vaginas "fully dressed" and alludes it to a gift wrapping for your special someone to "unwrap."
12) Jenny McCarthy rocks a full bush and wants the world to know it. In an interview with Opera, she discussed her photo shoot for Playboy, in which she shocked the crew with her thick mane of pubic hair. "They said they never saw anyone as hairy as you in their entire life!" She told Oprah.