Here, five Dr. Ruth-inspired tips to making your stepping out of the routine and making your date night memorable.
1. Start keeping up with events going on in your town. Check out your daily and weekly newspapers for art, music and other cultural events that meet your interests and budget. This way, you'll have a couple ideas in the back of your mind for spontaneous outings. 5 Alternatives To Dinner & A Movie
More from YourTango: Rock Your Love Life: 5 Reasons To Date A Drummer
2. Plan for your partner. What would be your partner's dream date? Pick out the most feasible elements and plan it. Watching his or her enjoyment will be more than worth the effort.
3. Pick a worry-free day. A Saturday night before a busy Sunday? Probably not going to inspire you to stay up late canoodling. Pick a day where your mind will be as worry-free as possible. Talk, text and write notes playfully about the upcoming date, building anticipation will make it feel even more special when you finally get to it. Sleep Your Way To A Better Relationship
4. Mix high and low, new and old. Not sure what kind of mood you'll be in when the date night rolls around? Combine high- and low-octane activities to cater to different energy levels: theme park roller coasters followed by a candlelit dinner, a quiet moonlit walk followed by some sexy dancing at a bumping jazz club. Get out of your routine without throwing off your comfort zone: A favorite restaurant followed by a movie in a nearby town you've been meaning to explore. Or how about an elegant classical music concert followed by burgers and beer at your favorite dive? A mixture of familiar go-to's and totally new and undiscovered venues will reflect the best elements of a relationship.
5. Strip down to your bare essentials. Spa treatments are some of the most intimate ways to spend time with your S.O. After all, when else do you get to gaze at one another half-naked while being rubbed in oil? Economically speaking, spa trips are a great way to support local businesses and personal service professionals, i.e. your money goes straight back in to your local community while you get to indulge in some seriously sensual time with your partner. Even side-by-side pedicures can be flirty and fun, and won't break the bank.
More from YourTango: Need A Hug? You Can Actually Pay Someone To Do That
What are some other tips for making a date night memorable?