The late, great R&B singer was with a transsexual the night of his tragic accident 28 years ago.
- Pendergrass just a friend "I was concerned about him. I was concerned if he was really hurt. I feel about him like I feel about any other human being. I thought we both were going to die. I thought the car was going to explode. I was scared to death."
- Admitted prostitution Said she has been arrested more than 37 times for prostitution: "I have been trying to get away from it [soliciting] for the past five years. It's hard to change your life around here. It's easy to get arrested in this city if you stay out as late as I do.
- Medical harassment Claimed medical attendants cared more about getting a urinalysis test done than they were about the extent of her injuries: "They were interested in finding out what was in my system... I must have gotten to the hospital around 1 a.m. and I didn't leave until 6 p.m.
- Sexual/gender discrimination "I can't get over how people treat you, how they turn everything around. It was an accident. I just had to get out of the city. I haven't done anything. I can't get over how straight people responded, because it was just an accident...
- Family upset "My family and friends are angry because of what they've read in the papers about me. I am disappointed in people. What really upset me what the fact that the papers made me seem as though I was some kind of animal or demon and that I was not a God fearing person. I am a Methodist and go to church...
- Disappeared from spotlight "I am not even sure if I want to be a model now," said Watson explaining she had quit working at the New Forrest Lounge as a female impersonator because of the incident.