5. Birthdays: This is kinda like combining #1 and #4 with the added pressure of being a year older. Don't make it lonelier. Tears can ruin even a buttercream-frosted cake.
6. Not Enough Character(s): Any time you use a Post-It, text message, Twitter, Facebook relationship status update, or other one-sided, one-liner brush-offs. If you're going to dump someone, do it right.
7. Valentine's Day: Seriously?! Ouch!
8. Hit And Run: If you dump someone right after you have sex for the first time, they'll think they're lame in the sack, on top of the usual hurt from being blown off. That's an emo double-whammy. If it's not a one-night stand, and you've worked your way up to this over a couple dates, give 'em one more date, even if it doesn't end in sex. It's the nice thing to do.
9. While On Vacay: Traveling together is hard. But just try to relax, sip a Mai Tai, and wait until you get back to reality before you hit them with it.
10. Mixin' Business With Pleasure: At the office, work party, or even just at company happy hour, in front of coworkers, you gotta keep it together.
11. No Escape Route: You can fight in the car but don't break up there . It's torture to have to keep riding with someone after you've called it quits! Same goes for a dinner, when you're stuck waiting for a check. Frankly, any kind of entrapment is unnecessary roughness.
12. Right After She Tells You She's Pregnant: If it's your kid, it's make-it-work time. You at least have to try. Now, if she faked the pregnancy to get you to stay with her, well, then feel free to say buh-bye, and never look back.
Written by Simcha Whitehill for The Frisky
- Dear Wendy: "My Girlfriend Found Crazy Porn On My Computer"
- 5 Vagina Products We Could Do Without
- What Do You Do When A Guy Sends You A Drink?
More from YourTango: The Craziest Sports Fans Who Are In Love With Their Teams