The facts: Obama's financial guru, his glamorous fiance & the spurned heiress that bore his child.
There's a sex scandal roiling Washington, D.C., have you heard? 4 Political Summer Sex Scandals We'll Never Forget
41-year-old White House budget director Peter Orszag recently announced his engagement to the beautiful Bianna Golodryga, a 31-year-old financial correspondent for ABC news whom he met at the White House Correspondents' Dinner in May. Happy News, right?
Here's the hitch: Peter Orszag is a divorced father of two who has achieved a cult-like tabloid following in Washington for "making nerdy sexy." (Those are Rahm Emmanuel's words, not ours, by the way.) In fact, the man in charge of making Obama's budget work even has a fan site dedicated to him: It's called orszagasm.com.
First layer of scandal. Peter Orszag: By day, Obama's budget brainiac... By night, D.C.'s most talked about playboy... Come the weekend, attentive father to two young children?
Here's where it gets messy: On November 17th — just six weeks prior to Bianna and Peter's engagement news, which they announced on national TV and on the press — his ex-girlfriend, the 39-year-old Greek shipping heiress/venture capitalist, Claire Milonas, gave birth to his third child, Tatiana Zoe, in New York City. He was not present for the birth. Relationships Are Like Politics
Among the claims:
- "Claire told Peter she was pregnant, and he said he'd marry her — and then something went wrong."
- "Orszag and Milonas... were a serious item when he met the stunning Golodgryga at the White House correspondents' dinner."
- The conclusion: "Orszag knocked up (Claire) and now is dumping her to marry Bianna."
- And the Milonas family is enraged, none more so than its 82-year-old patriarch, New York-based Greek shipping magnate Spiros Milonas. "He had to be calmed down," recalled one close family friend.
Fact or Fiction? Why Powerful Men Cheat
Well, let's see: The New York Post's conservative bias is an established fact; as such, its accusations should be taken with a grain of salt.
However, Orszag and Milona's joint statement on the ordeal is proving to be little more than a non-denial denial:
"We were in a committed relationship until the spring of 2009. In November, Claire gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. Although we are no longer together, we are both thrilled she is happy and healthy, and we would hope that everyone will respect her privacy." [Source: New York Post]
More Juicy Content From YourTango:
- Is This Unconditional Love?
- Ask These 5 Questions Before Breaking Up
- Tips On How To Be A Good Girlfriend