If you scratch out their faces and forget their sick history, then this engagement story may seem romantic. He's the rock star who never stopped thinking about her. She's the young beauty who left a more handsome man to return to his arms. And not just any man, Alexander Skarsgård (sigh). 7 Worst Couples of 2009
They were in Paris. It was his birthday. On stage, before thousands, he asked: Will you marry me?
More from YourTango: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo Didn't Propose, So Where's The Ring Now?
Yes, she said.
Romantic, n'est pas?
Wait a second, we're talking about Marilyn Manson and Evan Rachel Wood — the on-again, off-again duo of darkness whose coupling has long cried out for intervention. See: Evan Rachel Wood Back With Marilyn Manson And: Evan Rachel Wood Goes Back To Marilyn Manson Again
1. He snorts sea monkeys. No, seriously. Snorts them up his nose.
2. The 19-year-age difference. Some say age ain't nothing but a number, we get it; however, she's only 22, and he's 41 going-on-eternal damnation. The fact that he also proposed on his birthday seems notable... for a mid-life crises.
3. "I have fantasies every day about smashing her skull in with a sledgehammer," he said about his bride-to-be last Spring in Spin magazine.
4. The 158 times he called her high on cocaine while cutting his face and hands with razor blades. I'm not kidding, per the same article:
My lowest point was Christmas Day 2008, because I didn't speak to my family. My walls were covered in scrawling of the lyrics and cocaine bags nailed to the wall. And I did have an experience where I was struggling to deal with being alone and being forsaken and being betrayed by putting your trust in one person, and making the mistake of that being the wrong person. I made the mistake of trying to, desperately, grasp on and save that and own it. And every time I called her that day – I called 158 times – I took a razorblade and I cut myself on my face or on my hands." [Spin magazine]
5. The break-up ballads that would count for more than circumstantial evidence if she wound up dead. A) Dedicated a song on his new album called "I Want to Kill You Like They Do in The Movies" to Evan, and B) shot a music video for another single, "Running To The Edge Of The World," in which he beats and murders her doppelganger.
More from YourTango: Was Juan Pablo Planning To Propose To Nikki Ferrell Last Night?
This is not good. Marrying Mr. Wrong
Photo via Bauer-Griffin.