11. DON'T be touchy-feely with each other. It's just confusing.
12. DON'T try and date each other's friends. Unless Ryan Gosling is a "friend," in which case, all bets are off.
13. DO have actual conversations when something is awkward or uncomfortable. It's an honesty-is-the-best-policy situation.
14. DO try your hardest to forget the sounds you each made during orgasm. Also, eradicate any memory of the orgasm face.
15. DO avoid talking about what went wrong in your relationship.
16. DON'T ask to borrow any of the following: car, money, a drug dealer's contact info, or anything requiring inordinate amounts of time or energy (like, say, proofing a resume).
17. DON'T attempt to re-friend someone who has conspicuously de-friended you as some sort of empty peace offering.
18. DO spring for a meal or a drink, for God's sake. If you left a bad taste in your ex's mouth about being a cheapskate, now's your chance to remedy it. A person's memory about an ex's bad behavior is impressionable.
19. DON'T get your ex-hookup and your current hookup together, hoping for a three-way, because the odds are better than good that you're only going to end up pissing both of them off.
20. DON'T try to play your ex-hookup against your new hookup. You'll look like a jackass.
Written by Amelia McDonell-Parry for The Frisky