Sorry, guys. Some gifts are more embarrassing than sexy.
Some might say a lacy teddy or a feather tickler is more of a gift for him than for her—selfish, even. But, personally, I love sexy gifts. Not only am I a little greedy when it comes to my lingerie drawer, but I love the reminder that my guy thinks I'm a sex goddess!
That said, I get why some guys are afraid to shop for lingerie. The best shopping for romantic gifts occurs through interpreting another person's fantasies; the gift should really reflect the way the woman sees herself in bed, not the way the man sees his lady. If she's classy, then don't go trashy. In my mind, I'm burlesque star Dita Von Teese in bed, so I'll be bewildered, to say the least, by a present in the style of Boob Job McGee, Tara Reid.
Are you a little skittish about buying your lady something sexy? I'm here to help you, boys! These are some "sexy" gift ideas NOT to use.
- Anything crotchless
- Anything edible (Especially jars of that weird chocolate body paint)
- Panties two or three sizes smaller than her butt
- Bras two or three sizes larger than her breasts
- Vibrating nipple clamps (unless she's into that sort of thing)
- Sex-in-the-shower handcuffs
- A gift certificate for a waxing or laser hair removal
- Getting your own chest waxed
- A French maid outfit (Unless she's explicitly asked for one)
- About 90 percent of porn, which is usually marketed towards dudes
- Pubic hair dye
- Lap dancing classes
- A terrifying-looking spanking paddle/riding crop
- Cheap massage oil
- Lingerie in an itchy fabric
- Installing a stripper pole in the bedroom
- Anal beads
- Anything she needs to inflate
- A sex swing
- Sex favor coupons
Now we need some ideas for sexy holiday gifts that don't suck!
Written by Jessica Wakeman for The Frisky.