25. NASA Love Triangle - Former astronaut Lisa Marie Nowak was thrust into the international spotlight when she was arrested in 2007 for the attempted kidnapping of US Air Force Captain Colleen Shipman, the girlfriend of her former lover and fellow astronaut. Late night shows had a field day with the bizarre detail that Nowak wore adult diapers during her long drive from Houston to Orlando, even though Nowak denied that claim. What's the craziest thing you would do for love?
26. Girls Gone Wild - Teen pregnancy went under the microscope in 2008, when Britney Spears' 16-year-old sister Jamie Lynn had a baby. But the bigger shock was the discovery that Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin's daughter Bristol was also with child. Although Sarah insisted that Bristol and her baby daddy Levi Johnston would marry, the two broke up a few months after the election. Levi and his "Johnston" went on to pose in "Playgirl".
27. Robsten Mania - Teens and tweens (and some adults, if we're telling the truth) went nuts for Twilight in 2008, and gossip columnists' favorite pastime became speculating whether on-screen loves Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart were an off-screen couple. The Robsten rumors continue to this day, as does the Twilight hysteria.
28. David Letterman Extortion Attempt - On the October 1, 2009 episode of The Late Show, Letterman announced that someone tried to blackmail him with information that he'd had sex with female staff members. The gap-toothed funnyman admitted to the affairs, including one with former assistant Stephanie Birkitt, the ex-girlfriend of the extortionist, Joe Halderman. Letterman's on-screen apology diffused what could have been a much larger scandal, proving Letterman a savvy media-man—though not the savviest ladies man.
29. Call Tom Cruise Gay, He'll Make You Pay - In 2001, gay porn star Kyle Bradford (aka Chad Slater) allegedly told French magazine Actustar that he had an affair with Tom Cruise during his marriage to Nicole Kidman, and that her discovery of the relationship led to their divorce. Cruise ultimately won a $10M defamation suit against Bradford, who claimed that he never even gave the interview. Nonetheless, Cruse hasn't been able to shake the gay rumors—perhaps this has something to do with item six on this list?