20. Ellen DeGeneres Gets Married - When California's same-sex marriage ban was overturned in 2008, Ellen and her partner of four years, actress Portia de Rossi, got hitched that same summer. Since their wedding took place before the passing of Prop 8 in November, the union is still valid.
21. Rihanna Speaks Out Against Domestic Violence - In June of 2009, R&B singer Chris Brown was sentenced to community service and five years' probation for assaulting his then-girlfriend Rihanna. Brown appeared on several news programs to express his regret over the incident, and Rihanna finally broke her silence on the issue in November, prior to releasing her successful new album, Rated R, in which she sings about the traumatic events. Are Apologies Enough After Domestic Abuse?
22. One Night in Paris - Previously famous for absolutely nothing, Paris Hilton reached mega-celebrity status when her night-vision sex tape with then-boyfriend Rick Salomon was leaked to the Internet in 2003. Hilton eventually won a percentage of the tape's sales profits, but she has claimed that she didn't keep any of the "dirty money."
23. Whitney Houston Gets Past Her Past - Married to bad boy Bobby Brown since the early '90s, good girl Whitney began the Naughties amid rumors of a drug addiction. The couple stayed together through Bobby's 2003 arrest for assaulting Whitney and the circus of their 2005 reality show, Being Bobby Brown, but Whitney finally filed for divorce in 2006. With her relationship problems in her past, Houston has recently staged a musical comeback.
24. Four Is The Magic Number For Renee Zellweger And Kenny Chesney - After a four-month courtship, the actress and country singer married in May, 2005, only to split four months later. Zellweger filed for an annulment, citing "fraud" as the reason, which opened up the floodgates of speculation about Chesney's character and sexuality—because really, who wouldn't love Bridget Jones?