10. Eliot Spitzer's Sex Scandal - In 2008, we found out that New York Governor Spitzer had spent thousands of dollars on prostitutes during his time as Governor and Attorney General. The disgraced "luv guv" resigned soon after the story broke. He escaped criminal charges when investigators found no evidence of misuse of public funds. Call girl Ashley Dupré, who received immunity for her testimony against Spitzer, enjoyed 15 minutes of fame, but she couldn't parlay that into a music career. Oddly enough, she recently became the New York Post's love advice columnist.
11. Britney's Quickie Marriage - In what is still possibly the shortest celebrity marriage ever, Britney Spears wed childhood friend Jason Alexander in 2004 at the Little White Wedding Chapel in Las Vegas. A mere 55 hours later, Spears annulled the marriage, citing that she and Jason didn't know each other well enough to get married.
More from YourTango: Kim Set To Drop "Kardashian" For "Mrs. Humphries"
12. Brad and Jennifer: The Perfect Couple? - In the first BIG wedding of the decade, Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston married on July 29, 2000 in an extravagant ceremony. Everyone thought the real-life Ken and Barbie would be together forever, but it was more like five years. Of course, in Hollywood, that's pretty close to forever.
13. John Edwards Cheats on His Wife - In 2008, the former vice presidential candidate admitted having an affair with campaign worker Rielle Hunter. Was the worst part that, at the time of the affair, Edwards' wife was battling breast cancer? Or was the worst part that Edwards fathered his mistress's child, lied about it, and then spent campaign funds to cover it up? Why Powerful Men Cheat
More from YourTango: Royal Wedding: Will Kate Middleton Always Live In Diana's Shadow?
14. Ellen DeGeneres and Anne Heche Break Up – Gossip lovers had always speculated about Heche's sexuality, so when the nutty actress split from Ellen in 2000 and married a man the following year, many believed that Heche had just been using DeGeneres to further her career.