We take a look back at Brangelina, Bennifer, and the 00s' most unforgettable celebrity love stories.
5. Britney and Kevin: Chaotic, Indeed - If Brad and Jen were Hollywood's Ken and Barbie, perhaps Britney and Kevin were Raggedy Ann and Andy? In 2004, Britney Spears announced that she was engaged to backup dancer-turned-rapper Kevin Federline, even though they'd only been dating for three months and Federline's ex, Shar Jackson, had just given birth to their second child. Brit-Brit and K-Fed married in September 2004, but after two years and two sons together, Spears filed for divorce. When Brit started acting crazy (remember the head-shaving incident?), Federllne won sole custody of the kids, with visitation rights for Spears.
6. Tom Cruise "Jumps the Couch" - May 23, 2005: A day that will live in infamy. Appearing on The Oprah Winfrey Show to talk about new ladylove Kaite Holmes, Tom Cruise made a scene by jumping up and down on Oprah's couch in a display that many viewers found contrived. Still, TomKat welcomed baby Suri in April 2006 and were married later that same year. So, maybe it's true love after all and the "marriage contract" rumors are just cynical gossip?
7. Anna Nicole's Baby Battle - When Anna Nicole Smith died in February 2007, several men claimed to be the father of her infant daughter Danielynn, including former bodyguard Alexander Denk, attorney/boyfriend Howard K. Stern and ex-lover Larry Birkhead (what a group of names!). Although Smith and Stern had both maintained that Stern was Danielynn's daddy, Birkhead demanded a paternity test. That April, a DNA test proved that Birkhead was the father.
8. Paul McCartney and Heather Mills Divorce - After marrying in 2002 and separating in 2006, Mills started talking crazy in 2007, saying that Paul's "evil" daughter Stella was to blame for their breakup, and that the Beatle had been emotionally and physically abusive. Things only got nastier from there, as Mills made a play for Paul's money and the tabloids gave the pair front-page press. The divorce was finalized in May 2008, at which point McCartney commented that he would have "peace at last."
9. Melissa Etheridge's Unlikely Sperm Donor - In 2000, Etheridge revealed to Rolling Stone magazine that aging rocker David Crosby was the biological father of her two children with then-partner Julie Cypher. Cypher gave birth to both babies, conceived via artificial insemination.