Makes 1 cup
Pan juices from Cornish game hens
4 Tbsp unsalted butter
¾ cup reduced-sodium chicken stock
1 tsp chopped fresh sage
1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
2 tablespoons plus 1 tsp Cognac
1½ tsp cornstarch mixed with 1½ tsp cold water
More from YourTango: Was Angelina Jolie's Preventive Double Mastectomy Too Drastic?
Partner 1: Skim excess fat from pan juices.
Meanwhile, Partner 2:
1. Place a pan over heat and whisk in butter.
2. When butter is melted, add chicken stock, scraping up the browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
3. Stir cognac and fresh thyme and allow to cook for 5 minutes.
4. Stir in cornstarch mixture and cook for one minute.
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
More from YourTango: Limitless Love: A Mother Of Eleven Tells Her Extraordinary Tale
Photo: Rebekah Peppler
Finally: Enjoy the feast you've created as a couple!
Have a recipe you like to cook with your significant other? Share it with us here.