Ten reasons to let your friends play matchmaker and go on a blind date.
The idea of going on a blind date can seem nerve-wracking. Contrary to common misconception, blind dates can actually lead to long-term relationships. Here are ten reasons to consider going on a blind date. The Frisky: Obsessing Over Finding Love Won't Make It Happen Faster
1. Blind dating can be convenient for those with a busy lifestyle. Many people do not even know where to begin looking for a date. Instead of spending hours speed dating, it can be a lot easier to have a blind date set up for you. The Frisky: Do I Really Need To Say Goodbye To My Single Life Before I Can Find Love?
2. Broaden your horizons. One of the best things about blind dating is that you will be meeting people who are not already in your life. This can be a great way to see what else is out there.
3. There are many people who could set you up on a blind date. Friends, co-workers, and family members are just a few of the different people in your life who may know someone who is also looking. The possibilities of people that you may be able to meet are endless.The Frisky: The 10 Friends You Need To Make Before You Turn 30
4. Other people often know us better than we know ourselves. Your best friend may have a good idea of whom you would be well-suited with. If you are constantly dating people who are all wrong for you, it may be a good idea to let someone else set you up.
5. You might actually have a lot of fun. Even if the person that you go on a blind date with isn't the perfect match for you, this doesn't mean that you won't have a good time. If nothing else, you could make a new friend. The Frisky: MERRIMe, A New Web Comedy About Online Dating
More on relationships from The Frisky:
- Guys Say The Meanest Things
- The Best Sex I Ever Had....
- Dear Wendy: "I've Got The Hots For My Girlfriend's Friends"