What her eight "biggest mistake(s)" teach us about love, life, professionalism and politics.
"Carrie Prejean sex tape" had been a trending topic on Google for nearly a solid week before Mama Palin finally pushed her off the cultural zeitgeist index this morning. Sarah Palin 'Devastated' By Bristol's Pregnancy
BUT, In case you haven't heard, there's something new to be reported: You know that Carrie-on-Carrie sex tape that she claimed was "the biggest mistake of her life?" Well, turns out she has seven other mistakes in the closet (plus 30 or so single-frame mistakes that feature her topless reflection). Not only that, but it looks like she has been presented with "several options where she could certainly earn millions of dollars" for such videos. Her response: "No, at any price." The Carrie Prejean Sex Tape: All The Dirt
Love her or loathe her, the 22-year-old beauty queen certainly has made an impact. And so within this perfect storm of sex, pageantry, politics and religion we ask ourselves: Are there any teachable moments?
What has Carrie Prejean taught us? About ourselves, about our country, about anything and everything? In Carrie Prejean's own words, "It's amazing how God works in such mysterious ways."
Here are eight simple thing this CelebLover has observed:
- Sex tapes matter.
- When considering making a sex tape, you should proceed as if you were to one day be famous. That said, what you choose to include (or not include) should jive with the "brand" that you are hoping to become.
- Everything you say and do is now part of the public record. More so than ever, "talking the talk" requires "walking the walk."
- Set yourself up on a high horse and people will look for ways to make you fall.
- If you want to play the game, always make sure to watch out for your competitors "trump card."
- Playing the minority card still works, whether it be race, religion or sexual orientation. No matter what you have done, the group will protect its own if you publically identify with it.
- People who offer to pay for your breast implants often have a hidden agenda.
- Sex and politics make for volatile combinations. Throw in religion, and BAM.
Do you have anything to add?
Photo via Fame Pictures.