How to convince your ex that the relationship deserves another chance.
Earlier this week, we asked you: "What Would Get You To Take Your Ex Back?" From a look at the results of the poll, not much. Forty-three percent of you said that there’s nothing he could do to get you to change your mind, and that getting involved again would mean “giving up when I just need to move on.” The unfortunate truth is that you can’t make someone love you. The Frisky: Dear Wendy: Why Is He So Hot And Cold With Me?
But! There is a but ... what if you still both love each other (either consciously or subconsciously), yet you’ve gone your separate ways? Maybe you never moved on from the feelings you have because no one else compared, or you both weren’t at places in your lives to make things work. In that case, there’s potential to re-ignite the relationship. Of course, you have to prepare for the probable possibility that your Ex isn’t interested. There’s no middle ground when it comes to re-wooing: either it works, or you have to look at it as an opportunity to finally move on. The not knowing still driving you crazy? Here, we looked at what you said, put in our own two cents, and came up with some tips to give it a go, both for guys and girls. The Frisky: Could You Ever Get Past Hearing "I Don't Love You Anymore?"
1. The talk. Guys, you have an easier time, because all you have to really do is say something.Twenty-nine percent of you (and we're going to assume most of you are ladies) said that if he wants to talk about things, it's a sign he really cares. The Frisky: Romantic Ways To Win A Lover Back.
2. Turning your life into a romantic comedy. This one totally bites because it's really only an option for a guy to make a huge romantic gesture like showing up on your doorstep. When a girl does it, she risks looking desperate. But then again, you are. Don’t spend the money and effort unless you are totally sure the person misses you. The Frisky: MERRIme, A New Web Comedy About Online Dating
More on relationshps from The Frisky:
- 11 Reasons Why Dating An Older Man Is Awesome
- Girl On Girl: Why Gay Marriages Matter To Me
- 10 Reasons Not To Have Kids Yet....Or Ever