By Sparklingjem. Original article at www.stuff-about.com
There are literally millions of articles and self help books written every year on how to have a successful relationship, how to be a better girlfriend/boyfriend and ways to avoid common 'relationship mistakes'. Society discriminates against the good men and women out there trying to avoid relationships like the plague. Stuff-about.com sympathizes with their plight. Here are 6 reasons why the biggest 'relationship mistake' is to actually have one. (9 healthy things to do after a break up!)
1. Marriage! Women get into relationships with the aim of convincing a guy that marriage to her will be bliss. Men get into relationships with the idea of avoiding marriage, so women are really swimming against the tide with this one. Spending months, or even years pretending to be the perfect blend sex of goddess, domestic goddess and buddy is ridiculous and an unnecessary waste of time. If marriage is your aim, it is far more effective to get the man in question drunk in Vegas and be married by an Elvis impersonator. This approach has a high success rate as documented by many Hollywood movies. WARNING! Do not try this if you are Britney Spears!
2. Facebook. The minute people get into a relationship they announce it on Facebook, give each other pet names more suited to retarded three year olds and constantly update their statuses with brainless messages. Eg. 'John Smith misses his "flopsy wopsy pooh", hasn't seen her in 31.6 seconds and still has 4m 28.4s left 'til she comes out of the bathroom.' In women, this behaviour is merely pitiable, in men it is nauseating. This can lead to being deleted by up to 99.7 % of your FB friends, in fact everyone except your girl/boyfriend. In extreme cases, they may delete you as well. Facebook Manners And You
3. Compromise. Relationships are all about compromise. This is because men and women want different things. She wants to shop, eat out, shop, party, shop and, above all, be seen. He wants beer, sex and to be left alone on the couch to watch sport. Since their interests rarely coincide, neither can spend any time with the other while doing what they want to be doing so WHY BOTHER? 3 Things Men Don't Like (But Women Seem To Love)
4. Events. A woman will spend 136 hours getting ready for a big event or date, including planning and shopping time. She will have her hair done, her nails done, apply her make-up carefully and choose the perfect dress. He will notice nothing except the dress, and that with a sense of irritation as he tries to figure out how difficult it will be to take off. He will spend the evening wondering how much the evening is costing him and how long before he can go home and have sex. She will spend the evening waiting for him to compliment her hair, nails or dress and will be hurt when he doesn't. Consequently he will get no sex and neither will be happy.
More Juicy Content From YourTango:
- How 40-Something Women Can Use Makeup To Attract Men
- 5 Steps To The Natural Makeup Look That Guys Love
- Sexy Hair: 10 Simple Styles For A Red-Hot Date Night