Yesterday a bombshell hit when sources spilled that Jon Gosselin had been kicked off Jon & Kate Plus 8, transforming the show into the brilliantly titled Kate Plus 8, highlighting Kate Gosselin as a single mom.
It appears that Jon is responding to the news with regret for his philandering and off-putting behavior by putting the brakes on the divorce. Yesterday Huffington Post reported that Jon Gosselin submitted a formal request for suspension of court proceedings, publicly condemning his own behavior since his split with Kate on June 22. "I regret my conduct since Kate and I separated [on June 22]," Jon told In Touch. "I used poor judgment in publicly socializing with other women so soon." Celebrity Love: Jon Gosselin Surrounded By Ladies In Vegas
Jon's lawyer Mark Jay Heller explained Jon's position, saying, "He woke up one morning, looked in the mirror and didn't like the reflection. He realized he'd made some bad choices."
Yesterday Jon submitted a document to Pennsylvania courts asking that the divorce be suspended. He says, "This will enable Kate and me to restore our relationship as cooperative parents and to open up our lines of communication. I hope that she will be as receptive and enthusiastic as I am to do what is best for our family ... I would like to get back with Kate as a partner in parenting." Jon said he has recognized that the divorce is hurting Kate, and he intends for the two to begin acting more humane to one another.
The suspension will delay the divorce by 90 days, moving the finalization from the end of November to the end of February.
Photo via Bauer-Griffin.