But here's where we've had it: girl-on-girl kissing. Not the kissing itself. But the ridiculous hullabaloo that erupts around it. What's the big deal? Why do people care? And why do straight female celebrities (yes, you, Megan Fox and Katy Perry) keep making such a big deal out of the fact that they've done it? How To Kiss Well
More from YourTango: 6 Myths About Dating A Career-Focused Guy
Below, we've listed the top five reasons we're so completely over girl-on-girl kissing.
1. Lesbians do it everyday. So you kissed a girl and you liked it. Who cares? Gay women do it everyday and don't feel the need to announce it.
2. Straight people who do gay things with the hopes of coming off as controversial perpetuate the idea that gayness is controversial. And really, the last thing the world needs is to think that gayness is controversial. Why? Because it's not. Last we checked, it was perfectly normal. Homosexual Couplings Popular In The Animal Kingdom
3. Girl-on-girl kissing is so uncreative. So you want to get attention? Jump off a bridge and survive. Donate half your money to a decent cause. Learn how to sing. Seriously, come up with something better. Anything. Some Acts Better Kept As Fantasies
4. Straight people who do gay things with the hopes of coming off as open-minded are idiots. Kissing another female does not make a woman appear to be more enlightened. If anything, it makes her seem like someone who's willing to pretend to be something she's not for no good reason.
More from YourTango: Weird News: Japanese Photog Invents The Awesomest Girlfriend
5. Girl-on-girl kissing isn't as sexy as you think. It doesn't prove to the world that you're good or fun or generous in bed. It doesn't suddenly make lesbians want to roll around in the hay with you. Most men know that it's not going to lead to a three-way (unless it's in a straight-man porno). Really, there are much sexier things a straight woman can do. Threesomes: A User's Guide
More Juicy Content From YourTango: