How to hold off on doing the deed, at least tonight.
- I'm riding the crimson wave. And it's the first day. What Do Men Think About Sex During Your Period?
- I'm sorry, but my vagina is tired. (Yawn)
- I put out on the second date. (Wink)
- I've taken a six-month vow of celibacy.
- Can we stop at Duane Reade so I can pick up some tampons?
- It's too humid right now. Call me in September.
- You have to earn it, Sporty Spice.
- I'm getting my birth control refilled tomorrow.
- What kind of girl do you think I am?
- I have a seriously upset stomach, must have been the crab meat.
- I could use a waxing, seriously.
- I have standards. You need to at least buy me dinner. Twice.
- I'm allergic to latex.
Things you should say:
- Listen, we are not having sex tonight.
- I have a [insert number] date rule.
- My philosophy is: Good things come to those who wait.
- I'm on a Puritan cleanse. I'm delaying present pleasures for future pay-offs. Spiritual Sex: 10 Erotic Commandments
- I need your help on an editorial project that I am working on, it's about lines you can give a guy that would a) indicate future interest but b) delay the sex act for at least that night...
- We should probably get tested before we do anything.
- I'll meet you halfway—phone sex?
- Good old honesty: I really like you and I'm attracted to you, but I'd like to wait a little before we sleep together. Not forever, not a really long time, just a little longer, OK? If he gives you a major problem about that, then he's probably a jerk anyway.
What's your line? And how long do you think you should wait until having sex?