7. He Works Too Much. Yes, many of us ladies want a man with drive and ambition. And there are plenty who are happy to trade in time with their man for a nice house in the Hamptons or trips to Paris three times a year. Those women are not ALL women. Many of us actually want to see you, talk to you, check in with you. Why? Because we like you and like spending time with you. We love a man who has a great work ethic. We're not so crazy about men who love their jobs more than us or who can not prioritize us from time to time.
8. He Treats Us Differently Around His Friends. I'm not talking about the change in PDA. Most of us know not to embarrass you or hang on you when you're with your friends. We know that makes you end up looking like the Guy With The Needy Girlfriend. But taking a tone or attitude with us so you can show you're friends you wear the pants? You can bite us. And you can dream on if you think you'll be sleeping in our bed that night so you might as well go home in a different cab.
More from YourTango: 6 Ways Love Changes After 10 Years Of Marriage
9. He's Cheap. Thursday night special at the local diner? How fun! Twice a week? Eww. Are you the guy who always (meaning every week) looks for those free drink specials at local bars or the two for one burger deals? That's a turn off. Frugal is great. Cheap is not. 4 Ways To Avoid Fighting About Money
10. He Doesn't Listen. God gave you two ears and one mouth for a reason. Sometimes we just want you to listen. It's sweet that you want to fix our problems, but what you need to understand is that that's not always what we're looking for. That's why we turn to our dads. You don't want us to think of you like our fathers, do you? Remember this mantra: Lips moving, means still talking. Here...we'll make a deal with you. We'll shorthand the more dramalicious tales we tell you so you don't have to endure stories about people you don't care about. In return, you'll wait for us to finish talking and tell us what you think. EVEN IF YOU DON'T AGREE WITH US.
11. He Acts Secretive Or Defensive. Listen, Secret Agent Man..if you get all dodgy because we asked you who was on the phone or always play the pronoun game, we're going to assume you're hiding something. Like a wife. Or a criminal record. Don't turn the tables on us and make it up about how we have trust issues, are crazy, etc. Usually, when we sense something is up with a guy, we're right. So accept the fact that you've been busted and take it like a man. 10 Secrets Men Keep From Women
More from YourTango: Frustrated Between The Sheets? Why It's Bad For Your Health
Read More at www.AndThatsWhyYoureSingle.com