Here's one take on what's essential, what can be left out, and what's always nice to have around.
Buzzfeed posted a great list from Tiny Cartridge of "Boyfriend Criteria," including the usual "smart," "cute," "funny," and the more unusual like "did not pick Charmander as first Pokémon." There's also a list of pluses ("glasses," "good shoes," "good tattoo") and minuses ("annoying," "too tight pants," "think you're sooo smart").
Let's see how he does.
Husband Criteria Checklist
- Kind √
- Funny √
- Smart √
- Likes to travel √
- Will watch The Bachelor with me sometimes √
- Doesn't pronounce "often" as "off-ten" √
- Picks DVDs on Netflix he knows I’ll like √
- Thinks I'm a "good cook" when I heat up pre-prepared stuff from Trader Joe's √
- Has a very nice smile √
- Tips well √
- Big nose √-ish (it's so-so big, but just the right size for his face)
- Looks good in glasses √
- Likes living in the city √
- Doesn't fart too much √
- Likes sports √ (He loves sports, but when there's a game on he'll watch it as the smaller picture-in-picture while I watch some stupid reality TV show. What a guy.)
- Wears his baseball caps backwards (he doesn't!)
- Has bad tattoos (not a one!)
What's on your list?
Written by Wendy Atterberry for The Frisky.
More from The Frisky:
- Nine Signs He's A Cheater
- 15 Things That Are Bad For Men
- 7 Sexual Partners That Don't (Have To) Count