I met the father of my kids when I was 19 and he became physically, mentally and verbally abusive as soon as we moved-in together which was about 6 months after we met. I was with him for seven years and can honestly say I never ever fell in-live with this man....I had a very hard relationship with this man, so naturally when i finally left him the last thing I ever wanted was to be in the same situation. For years I went out of my to make sure anyone I met knew that I was not going to take any bullsh**, then I met my husband George and he is the most wonderful man I have ever met in my life. We dated for 3 1/2 yrs and have been married for 3 yrs and in the 6 1/2 years I've known him I can honestly say that he has yet to even raise his voice. But it wasn't until yesterday that I looked into his eyes and told him that I was In-Love with him...It was the most terrifying 5 min of life I never thought I would ever know what it was to love someone the way I love my husband. I feel extremely lucky and grateful that I will not have missed out on something as beautiful as Love...
- Is This Favorite Pastime Ruining Your Relationship?
- Ladies, Here's How To Get That Raise You Deserve
- So, Is There A Cheat Sheet On Making Love Last Forever?
Stories we love
- More than half of people admit to being emotional eaters — using food to ease negative feelings like loneliness and heartbreak.
- 8 Things No Woman Should Ever Wait For a Man To Do
- Why Married Men Cheat
- Forget About Nice Girls, I Like My Women Crazy