My girlfriends were suddenly feeling all the delight and anxiety of attention. The overwhelming number of responses gave us all the confidence to get out and start to date again. We were careful to ask our suitors for photos, and tell each other our whereabouts and the details about where and who our dates would be in case we encountered dangerous men. We all started having fun again. Read: Get Guys Begging For A Second Date: Here's How
Granted, most of my friends and I are still searching for Mr. Right, but there have been a few success stories. One guy flew across country to take my friend out–and, yes, he rented a hotel for himself. He seems to be a real life prince charming, and her housemate thinks they'll be getting married soon. Another woman recently spent a date dancing in the rain; she thinks the guy's the one. I had a kind and true gentleman offer to be my handyman whenever I needed one, and I've never even kissed him.
More from YourTango: How I Lost Myself To The Idea Of Love: A Cautionary Tale
I still believe there are quite a few good catches out there, and, actually, I dated a few of them. They weren't exactly my flavor of ice cream, but they'll be great for someone. I still haven't found Mr. Right, but at least I'm not sitting home feeling like a decomposing apple.
Tips For Writing A Craigslist Dating Ad:
1. Put your best assets in the headline.
2. Be clear about what you want. Write a wish-list ahead of time.
3. Ask for a photo and other important information like age, height, etc.
4. Create an "unstalkable" email address that does not have your real name or workplace.
5. Check to see if your responders meet the requirements of your wish-list.
6. Remember that many of the responders copy and paste one slightly vague response to a large number of ads.
7. Meet in a public place and tell your friends where you are going and who you're going to meet with as much detail as possible. Send them a photo if possible.
More from YourTango: 7 Signs Your Online Dating Privacy Is At Risk
8. Stay positive and have a good time!