6. Waiting for someone to find us, instead of going out and finding someone ourselves.
7. Thinking that a perfect relationship should be easy. Relationships require work and compromise; a perfect relationship means doing those things well.
8. Dropping our friends when we're falling in love. Friends help define who we are, and we need them when things get tough.
9. Thinking that getting a boyfriend or husband will solve all our problems. No one can fix our lives for us! Sound In: How can I learn to not be passive in relationships?
10. Using the silent treatment. Our partners can't read our minds; he won't know what's wrong unless we suck up and tell him.
11. Not asking for what we want in bed. It can be as little as an appreciative moan when he does something good or as much as a frank discussion about our fantasies. Again, he can't read minds, and we'll both benefit from knowing what we find pleasurable.
12. Denying that there's a problem in our marriage or relationship, instead of facing it and asking ourselves what needs to be done. Problems don't usually go away on their own. Letting them fester only makes it worse.
13. Thinking that depending on someone else is a weakness. Leaning on someone else sometimes is the sign of a healthy relationship.
14. Over-analyzing. There's analysis and then there's over-analysis. Wondering why the fiance didn't call once during his bachelor weekend in Vegas? A legitimate case for analysis. Wondering why he only called twice and not three times during a guys' night out? Not so much.
15. Trying to reinvent the relationship wheel. If some items on this list feel cliche, it's because they are! If we would only listen to a good dose of love advice now and again, we'd probably save ourselves some heartache. Love Advice From Mom
More Lists From YourTango:
- 13 Relationships Men Should Stop Making
- 14 Relationship Mistakes Men Wish We'd Stop Making
- 10 Basic Rules For A New Relationship
- 13 Male Habits The World Could Do Without
- 5 Silly Girl Habits That Get In The Way Of Dating
- Top 10 Alternatives To The Word "Boyfriend"
- 4 Dating Red Flags Men Look For
- Top 10 Facebook Etiquette Rules
- 10 Surprising Orgasm Facts