Lena Chan sounds in on her past, present and future as a racy sex blogger.
Lena is the author of SexandtheIvy.com, a blog about sex and dating at Harvard University. She started blogging back in 2006, sparking immediate controversy on campus and off. Lena received lots of attention for her saucy ways and has since been featured as a commentator on college sexuality in The New York Times, Newsweek, The Boston Globe, Salon, and Playboy Radio. She currently blogs at TheChicktionary.com.
1. What is your most hysterical/ridiculous college memory or the most trouble you've ever gotten into?
A tie between dating my former teaching assistant and my psycho ex posting naked photos of me online. I swear I don't try to be a cliche; my life just turns out that way.
2. Five things you can't live without
Wifi, sushi, my boyfriend's bulldog, eight hours of sleep a night, and the spotlight.
3. What's your motto/advice you live by?
Never put off until tomorrow who you can do today. In other words, it's okay to f**k on the first date. The first (and only) time I did this, I moved in with the guy six months later.
4. Your favorite song to belt out at the bar/in the car/for karaoke?
"You Give Love A Bad Name," Bon Jovi
5. Ten years from now you will be….
Hiding out from Google under an assumed name.
6. Why did you start writing Sex and the Ivy?
Because I didn't think anyone would actually read it. In retrospect, that was a really stupid assumption.
7. What is the craziest sex experience you have ever had?
Losing a condom inside myself for 48 hours.
8. What are some lessons you have learned as you've worked on this blog?
That I shouldn't publicly own up to things like losing a condom inside myself for 48 hours.
Read the rest of the interview on College Candy.