Here are some highlights from the party, which included plenty of drinks, sweets and Cheez Whiz (which, evidently, did not follow grunge out of style in the '90s):
- Giancarlo (ie JG or Juan Carlo), of Office Dating Rules video fame, "went long" on the Absolut Pear, his largess helping to increase our inventory.
- The look on many a newbie's face when they take their first sip of the YourTango signature drink (ie Pear tonics).
- Rich Fromm tango-ed with a horse on the way to the party and survived (watch Rich on this episode of That's What He Said).
- Meeting the uber-creative Andy (whose head may very well explode) and on that note, making a bunch of new friends (Tobi, Justin, Krissy, Denise, Sue and too many more to name) and of course some old faves (Ky, Nicole, Jon, Michelle, and again, so many more!).
- Alex managed NOT to spill a drink and wreck Andrea's piano.
- Barry and Pamela Fingerhut's appearance as glowing grandparents of a new grandson.
- Becky let it rip on the Cheese Whiz just as it was proclaimed a decorative touch.
- Sarah agreed to karaoke (solo) to her favorite R&B and any other requests we have when we reach one million uniques. Someone please warm up the mic!
- Chiera's Kismet Cards hypnotizing partygoers.
- The Twizzlers.
- The Doritos.
- The Hostess Cupcakes.
- Getting to chat face-to-face with the people we e-mail all week long.
As Andrea put it, "I love that we have created a new annual YourTango tradition—and for the sake of our arteries, thank goodness it's only annual!"