A guy's take on female fashion: 5 mistakes that turn him off.
Do you reveal a lot of cleavage? Layer on the cubic zirconia? Wear fake eyelashes on a regular basis? If so, we have bad news for you: Marie Claire's guy blogger doesn't want to date you. Rich Santos, author of Sex And The Single Guy recently posted 5 women's fashion choices that turn him off and we're revealing them here as PSA:
1. Too much makeup. When a girl does her makeup well, the results can be magical. But the one thing that should never happen is excessive application: too much, too many colors, or if it's just a botched attempt at a good makeup technique.
2. Offensive amounts of cleavage. Cleavage is most effective when there's a little hint of it, and then we are left to imagine what else is there. [Excessive cleavage] takes the focus off of the things about you that matter: your face, what you actually have to say, etc.
3. An "over-sexed" vibe. "I'm immediately struck with intimidation; the same kind I get around strippers." (Kind of nice to know we can intimidate with our beauty! Er, or our short skirts.) But not nice to know that our platform stilettos make Rich "worry about who else she has slept with." Ouch.
4. Trying to copy a celebrity. When a girl goes out and gets the same haircut as her favorite celebrity, and even dresses like that celebrity on top of it, it's obvious. "Oh that girl thinks she's Katie Holmes."
5. Gaudy over-accessorization. "I know it's nice to have some bling, and giant rocks, etc. but it will really make me think I can't afford you." Hmm … if a woman's sporting expensive stuff it probably means a) she has a lot of money and buys it herself, or b) she's expecting you to buy stuff for her, in which case if you can't afford her she doesn't want to date you! Or she's just trying to look nice and isn't thinking about how much her outfit cost — there's always that chance...
Thanks for that, Rich. On that note, here are five male fashion and grooming choices that turn us off.
1. A shirt unbuttoned so that a little hair sticks out. You might as well rub Velveeta all over your chest, because that cheese is stinky!
2. Ragged, dirty fingernails. We used to bite our fingernails so we understand the compulsion but if your nails are dirty and bitten to the quick we have a hard time getting excited about having your hands all over us.
3. Greasy hair. Even though you might not have as much as us (or much at all) it's still important to keep your locks clean. That way we can run our fingers through them or give you a nice scalp run without worrying about grimy fingertips. Plus greasy hair tends to smell.
4. Slick, rock-hard hair. Yes, we like firmness, but not on your scalp. Again, the running our hands through your hair thing — we want to do it without impediments.
5. Muscle shirts. Relax, we don't need to see your muscles just yet. Nothing says narcissism like a nice, tight muscle shirt. Let us discover your manly physique when we remove your shirt.
Readers, care to add your fashion turn-offs?