But if I'm in touch with my masculine side will I deter men?
More from YourTango: Like All Addicts, Philip Seymour Hoffman Did Have A Choice
No, it will allow you to be your authentic self. This is the premise of my book: we are never who we were created to be because we have split our wholeness into parts. Men are told they are only men and women that they are just women. Nonsense—we're both. Putting ourselves together with our shadow entitles us to have a loving relationship with anyone who is also balanced. From there you can do anything.
As a single mom, I sometimes resent having to be masculine.
Yes, but life requires both qualities regardless of one's situation.
You created and have been operating The Sedona Intensive™ for more than 27 years. What happens at the work shop?
The Intensive is a week-long one-on-one, personalized transformational turnaround program. We extract what's not working, what got us stuck as living as someone we are not. Depending on a participant's needs, therapies might include Voice Therapy, yoga, Pilates, meditation, massages, sessions with a psychologist, equine therapy, hikes, life history, and more.
We treat couples separately as well as together, helping them to each get in touch with their counter-sexual side, which helps them to communicate. We show them how to resolve arguments before they become World War III.
What kind of "extractions" do you do?
Most common are alcoholism, gambling, grief, addiction, debt, guilt, and food. We don't pluck these compulsions out like one does feathers from a chicken—through a process of facing down and changing who one is allows the changes to happen naturally.
Finally, there has been a lot talk about Red Flags on YourTango. What are yours?
My top five red flags are:
1. Unemployment. Both sexes need to earn their own money when they are dating.
2. Speed dating. If someone is too quick to reveal everything and/or is rushing the progress of the relationship, consider ending it before it gets too serious.
3. Mother haters. Don't like Daddy. If someone does not like his or her mother or father, relationships are more difficult.
4. Freedom to be. If a man says a woman cannot work when that is important to her, or if either party does not allow the other party to integrate their male and female sides, run for the nearest exit.
5. Deal Breakers. Dissimilar lifestyles and non-agreement on children are death knells to an affair to remember.
More from YourTango: 'Duck' Dilemma: Phil Robertson's Remarks Point To A Bigger Issue
Want a free copy? Let us know what you think! The five most thoughtful comments on this article will win a copy of the book.