Way back in my early twenties, I was a waitress at an upscale bar. It was a typical darkly lit “date” club. I remember being able to pick out the couples who had been married for a long time….they weren’t having as much fun as the couples who were just dating. I remember that the older (meaning in their 40’s!) couples didn’t talk or laugh so much. I remember that during the lunch rush, these couples would read separate sections of the newspaper and not speak at all! And when they did talk, they didn’t lean into one another, hold hands, or stare into each other’s eyes. I remember thinking that this would NEVER be me. I would never allow my marriage to become silent or dull.
- Is This Favorite Pastime Ruining Your Relationship?
- Batting For The Other Team? Stop Making These Major Mistakes!
- Let's Be Honest. It's Not Him, It's You
Stories we love
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Having a hard time getting pregnant? Step outside! Sunlight can increase levels of vitamin D, which balances sex hormones in women.
- My Secret To Lasting Love: 'Radical Acceptance'!
- 20 Awesome Things You Didn't Know About Disney's 'Frozen'!
- Looking For The Right One? 7 Reasons To Date A Lefty