From The Baltimore Sun By Liz F. Kay Some Maryland legislators have revived the fight for a bill that would place Orthodox Jewish women on an equal footing with their husbands in divorce proceedings.Under Jewish law, a man must grant his wife a divorce degree, or get, to end a marriage. Without it, a Jewish woman is unable to remarry within the faith, and she becomes known as an agunah, or "chained woman." Read More… Also check out a related article from Tango on Orthodox Intimacy
- Is This Favorite Pastime Ruining Your Relationship?
- Batting For The Other Team? Stop Making These Major Mistakes!
- Let's Be Honest. It's Not Him, It's You
Stories we love
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- If your heart rate exceeds 100 beats per minute during an argument, you are incapable of processing what your partner is saying.
- My Secret To Lasting Love: 'Radical Acceptance'!
- 20 Awesome Things You Didn't Know About Disney's 'Frozen'!
- Looking For The Right One? 7 Reasons To Date A Lefty