WTF? CU NVR UR DMPD. If you read this space very often you’ll know that we have a few thoughts on proposals and breakups. Essentially, it’s a risky move to start an engagement in public (ie jumbotron, sky-writer, etc). And it’s pretty weak to break up by text. But it’s becoming far more commonplace. A survey by Reuters showed that 15% of people have been dumped by SMS or email. Are we becoming less able to communicate with our fantastic technology? David Duchovny’s character, Hank Moody, from Californication blames ‘LOL’ on the destruction of the English language, for what it’s worth. We know that Britney set her divorce in motion with a text message. And it’s not just irresponsible pop stars doing the deed via text message. The Prime Minister of Finland broke it off with his mistress via text message. And we read somewhere that some Muslim clerics have said that divorce by SMS is a legitimate way to dissolve a marriage. We wonder how often we’ll be able to squeeze Britney, Muslim clerical discourse and the Prime Minister of Finland into the same Dish. Then again, Finland is the home of Nokia, it could have been part of an endorsement deal.
- Is This Favorite Pastime Ruining Your Relationship?
- Single & Ready To Mingle? How To Tell Your Kids You're Moving On
- Make Love, Not War: Is Your Constant Fighting Healthy?
Stories we love
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Married couples that met online had an average courtship of 18.5 months. Offline? 42 months.
- My Secret To Lasting Love: 'Radical Acceptance'!
- 20 Awesome Things You Didn't Know About Disney's 'Frozen'!
- Looking For The Right One? 7 Reasons To Date A Lefty