Advice for men. Cook up a "closer" and win her heart. Recipe included.
Do you have a "closer"—a sexy meal that seals the deal? Food writer Jane Black explores the seductive power of a luscious dish and discovers that the chef is often rewarded…handsomely. In the story, Black's friend Paul reveals how his famous Chicken Rollatini led to a marriage proposal—now that's a closer!
Paul's Chicken Rollatini
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
10 ounces sliced whole milk mozzarella cheese
8 leaves fresh basil
1/4 cup olive oil plus 4 teaspoons black pepper
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
2. Pound chicken breasts flat, and lay them on work surface. Rub each breast with a teaspoon of olive oil and a pinch of garlic. Cover each breast with a layer of prosciutto and mozzarella cheese and two leaves of basil. Reserve some of the prosciutto to place on top of the chicken. Roll up each chicken breast, and secure with toothpicks.
3. In a 9x13 inch baking dish, combine olive oil and any remaining garlic. Arrange chicken.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink, and juices run clear. rolls in dish. Place a small piece of prosciutto on top of each roll, and sprinkle with pepper.
Original recipe yield: 4 servings.
More Juicy Content From YourTango:
- The Best Love Advice On YourTango
- The Kiss Of Death For Relationships Revealed!
- Hard Work Ahead: Are Relationships Really Worthwhile?