You glow girl! Tips for keeping your skin beautiful.
Some women are born with luminous skin, but most of us have to work at it. Finding the rightcombination of products and treatments for your unique skin type is essential. “Good skin care isn’t just about products,” says Dr. Bruce P. Robinson, Clinical Instructor of Dermatology at Mount Sinai, Lenox Hill Hospital. “It’s in the approach.” To maintain beautiful skin, Dr. Robinson recommends a good cleanser, moisturizer, and cleansing routine.
Here are five easy steps to everyday beautiful skin:
1. Wash your face at least twice a day. This helps to remove oil, dirt, makeup, and anything else that can clog your skin and cause breakouts. Massage cleanser in to your face, rinse with warm water and gently pat dry with a soft towel.
2. Toners are a great addition to your skin care regimen. Look for products that are alcohol-free.
3. Moisturize. Apply facial moisturizer after toner. Be sure to use a product that matches your skin type (oily, dry, normal, or combination). After showering or washing your face, gently apply the lotion or cream within the first three minutes. Damp skin retains moisture, which can helps keep skin silky smooth.
4. Sunblock. It may be a grey and overcast winter day, but your skin is still susceptible to sun damage. Be sure to apply sunblock before you leave the house and be extra diligent when on the beach or slopes.
- Eat healthy: It’s great for your body and your skin!
- Hydrate: Drink at least 6-8 glasses of water a day. Cut back on alcohol, coffee, soda and other dehydrating beverages.
- Stop smoking: Smoking is not only bad for your lungs, but it ages your skin and causes wrinkles.
- Exercise: An active lifestyle will keep your body toned and your skin healthy.