Iranian Morality Police Crackdown On Love-y Couples

By

Iran's police are cracking down young lovers for unbecoming behavior.

From AFP

TEHRAN (AFP) — Iran's police are to keep up their moral crackdown through the winter months, confronting couples whose behaviour in public is deemed to be inappropriate, officials said on Sunday.

Iran in April launched what has proved to be its most severe moral crackdown in years, handing out warnings to thousands of people for dress deemed to be unIslamic and other outlawed behaviour.

In a sign of the seriousness of the drive, police are to continue the crackdown in winter, the Fars news agency reported, whereas in the past it has been restricted to the summer months when dress is skimpier.

Tango’s Take
While we agree that overly affectionate couples are sort of irritating, young lovers are prone to holding hands and such. And we get a little annoyed by summer clothing that is inappropriate but it’s nice to dress seasonally. We wonder how crackdowns like this are helping the regime endear itself to its country’s youth. Our guess is 10% of the youngsters think it’s awesome and the other 90% thinks this it’s pretty lame. The 10% should be content knowing that there are no homosexuals in their country, right?

Read More Of The Original Article…

GET MORE ARTICLES LIKE THIS IN YOUR INBOX!

Sign up for our daily email and get the stories everyone is talking about.

Must-see Videos
SEE MORE VIDEOS
Stories we love
FROM AROUND THE WEB
  • That's a whole lot o' frog-smooching to find your prince. The average woman will kiss 15 guys before finding her dream guy.