Last week, a friend of mine (SW) was speaking to a counselor. They were talking about defensiveness because this is one of the issues troubling SW’s marriage. The counselor told her that people only get defensive when they find some truth in what is being said to them. If the person believes what is said to be completely untrue, they will not react with defensive behavior. For instance, if someone called you a tree, you guffaw and move on, not wasting breath trying to talk the other person out of believing you are a tree, because you know with unassailable certainty that you are not a tree.
- Is This Favorite Pastime Ruining Your Relationship?
- Ladies, Here's How To Get That Raise You Deserve
- So, Is There A Cheat Sheet On Making Love Last Forever?
Stories we love
- In a kiss, you use 34 facial muscles and 112 postural muscles. That's 146 muscles in total!
- 8 Things No Woman Should Ever Wait For a Man To Do
- Why Married Men Cheat
- Forget About Nice Girls, I Like My Women Crazy