When I moved to New York to start work at an investment bank I started to lust after large diamond engagement rings. I was suddenly blinded. They were everywhere. Not just in the office, but on the streets, in restaurants on the subway, enormous diamonds with numerous permutations of side stones, bands, and gemstones. I was infatuated. I used to think, “Why is a woman with a diamond that big riding the subway? Doesn’t someone like that have a car service?” My Midwestern girl naivete at its best, I suppose.
- Is This Favorite Pastime Ruining Your Relationship?
- Make Love, Not War: Is Your Constant Fighting Healthy?
- Want To Raise Great Kids? Stop Inflating Their Egos!
Stories we love
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- 47% of experts say that celebrities don't cheat any more than the rest of us.
- My Secret To Lasting Love: 'Radical Acceptance'!
- 20 Awesome Things You Didn't Know About Disney's 'Frozen'!
- Looking For The Right One? 7 Reasons To Date A Lefty