6. See a parade. The Fourth of July is known for fun parades in many cities across the country. Spend the day outdoors people-watching.
7. Enjoy a dip in the pool and a fun family BBQ. Depending on how long you have been dating, the Fourth of July can be a great time to surround yourself with loved ones in the backyard. Turn on the grill, swim together in the pool and, most importantly, spend time with the family.
More from YourTango: 8 Love Lessons Women Can Learn From 'The Bachelorette'
8. Indulge in some ice cream or frozen yogurt. Who doesn't like ice cream or fro-yo in the summer, especially on hot, July days? As a couple, stop by your favorite ice cream or frozen yogurt shop and treat yourselves to this delicious summer dessert. For even more fun, pick out each other's flavors or create a treat inspired by this holiday.
9. Visit an historic landmark. For all you history nerds out there, visiting a patriotic landmark on a date is perfect for Independence Day. Some suggestions include going to the Statue of Liberty, the Liberty Bell, Boston Harbor or taking a trip to see the monuments in Washington, D.C.
10. Snuggle and watch a movie. Sometimes it's too hot or it rains on the Fourth of July, so going to the movies or watching one together on the couch is a nice way to spend the holiday. There are a ton of movie options for summer, or if you decide to stay at home, you can try a Fourth-themed movie such as Independence Day or The Patriot.
More from YourTango: When Can I Call Him My Boyfriend?
Whatever you and your date decide to do, make it a Fourth of July you'll never forget! Happy Independence Day!